Fall is officially here, and with that, many people start to look at their fireplaces and wonder if they need to get a chimney sweep to come inspect it. Our friends at Clean Sweep The Fireplace Shop have made this awesome infographic to feature different ways you can maximize your fireplace and chimney efficiency as you prepare for winter. These tips include:
- Fireplace Damper Control – When it’s cold outside, if you forget to close the damper when your fire has gone out, the heat will disperse, and you will need another fire sooner than you had hoped.
- Tempered Glass Doors – There are a couple ways you can warm your home without trying to heat it up outside as well. One of these ways is installing a heat-air exchange system or changing out your glass doors to be from a tempered glass material.
- Fireplace Flue Damper Seals – One of the main mistakes people have when
- Insulate Your Chimney – One of the ways to optimize your heat efficiency is to insulate your Chimney. Adding liners will minimize the creosote buildup from the chimney exhaust, and might also protect the masonry from corrosive flue gases.
- Get A Chimney Inspection – Getting your chimney inspected by a Chimney Safety Institute of America chimney sweep is crucial to insuring your fireplace and chimney are ready for the winter. Chimney inspections will reveil any parts of your chimney and fireplace that may be clogged or in need of repair. Fixing these will insure you are ready for a safe and efficient fireplace when the weather turns cold.
If you haven’t yet gotten your chimney cleaned and inspected by a CSIA certified chimney sweep in Austin, Dallas, or Fort Worth, give 1st Choice Chimney a call. We would be happy to send a technician out to see you.
Asheville Chimney Sweeps (Clean Sweep The Fireplace Shop)Care of